Sunday, June 17, 2012

To-do/ Ta-da (The Eleventh Hour Panic)

I leave tomorrow to go to my mom's so we can take the kids on vacation to Branson, MO.  To be vague things are vamping up to be a very very busy summer and I'll be pretty much on my own with the kids. And so today, I'll be focusing on preparation.  A ton of laundry needs to be done especially when my sons come back from their dad's today.  The house needs cleaned good.  I need to buy cat food.  I have to get my tire fixed, I have to pack, not to mention make meals.

I also need to get to Ankeny between now and go time to get some of the T-shirts I've made up. Some very good friends of mine that have a Tattoo shop and wants to sell them there for me.  :) I'm pretty excited about the prospect of going into business for myself.  I plan to concentrate on the T-shirt thing hard while I'm "playing independent".  It will keep me creative and busy and that will be the best thing for me while I'm on my own with the kids this summer.

So I can keep my head cool and clear over the next few days I'm going to use a good mental tool for getting things done that I learned about from a forum on a site called Stepping out of Squalor.  I'll make a  "to-do" list of 5 things.  Do them, take a break, mark them as "ta-da" then add 5 more "to-dos" etc., until every "to do" is a "ta-da".  Seems to keep me from feeling overwhelmed by everything that needs to be done when I make the list.

So yeah, this particular post isn't so much a great read, nor is it insightful really.  But it's getting me started on what I need to do and where I need to go for the next few days.    Hopefully tomorrow I will have a huge list of "Ta-das" and will be ready to relax and have fun on vacation!

No comments: